The information in this article is relevant only for Pro users at this time.
Accounting by Guesty is a premium feature available to Pro users only. Please contact us to discuss activating it.
The business model is the basis for our accounting solution since it tells us how to calculate fees and share the reservation's revenue. It is supposed to be a reflection of the contracts you have with your property owners, so you should set up one model for each contract (even if you have more than one contract with a specific owner). Read our checklist before getting started and follow the instructions below or watch our video.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector and select Accounting mode.
- Click Business models.
- If this new business model is very different from models you already have, click Add business model in the top-right corner of the page, and set it up from scratch. If it is similar to an existing model, you can use it to set up the new business model - click the existing business model and make the necessary changes.
- Fill in (or change) the information as outlined below or learn more here:
- Activation date
- PMC commission
- Trust account income
- You can add a recurring owner charge
- Trust account expenses
- You can add a recurring expense
- Save your new business model: If you clicked Add business model before, you will see Save at this point. If you used an existing business model, you will see "Save as new" and "Save and update" instead. Click Save as new.
The business model will be applied according to the check-in date of each reservation.
Tier-based commission splits are not supported in business models. For example, setting up the owner share as 80% of monthly revenue when the revenue is less than or equal to $X, and 75% when it is higher than $X.