You can record payments that were collected outside of Guesty, such as cash or those made via an external payment processor. Follow the instructions below.
It is important to note that you will not be able to collect an external payment if you have scheduled auto payments for the same amount you want to collect. Therefore, you will need to cancel any auto payments that interfere with the amount you want to collect.
For example, let’s say there is a $1000 balance on your reservation and you have two auto payments scheduled. One auto payment will collect $500 at check-in and the other auto payment will collect the remaining $500 two weeks later. The guest wants to pay you $600 in cash when they arrive. In this scenario, you will have two options in order to record the $600 external payment:
- Cancel the first $500 auto payment and edit the other autopayment to $400 to collect the remaining balance
- Cancel both $500 auto payments and be sure to manually collect the remaining $400 balance
Step by Step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- From the top menu, click Reservations.
- Click the relevant reservation.
- Click Balance Due / Payout in the grey banner at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the "Payments" section.
- To the right of "Payments", click New Payment.
- In the pop-up, under the "Payment method" drop-down select Recorded Payment.
- Enter the amount that was collected.
- To the right of "Cash", click the drop-down to select a different method of payment to record. If selecting "Other", be sure to name the payment method in the "Note" section.
- Click Save.
You can undo a recorded payment by issuing a refund. Since the payment has been recorded rather than charged, funds will not be sent to a credit card. The reservation's balance will simply be updated.