You can manually block or unblock dates on a listing via the Multi-Calendar. The selected dates will be blocked or unblocked across all booking channels.
Note that, manual blocks will not reduce the bookable number of sub-units because they can still be overridden in Guesty.
If you are using Smart Calendar Rules, please note that blocking dates manually won't trigger the rules and will automatically block the dates on the connected listing.
Follow the instructions below to block dates manually via the Multi-Calendar.
Creating a manual block
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the Multi-Calendar icon.
- Click and drag the cursor across the night(s) you wish to block on the relevant listing, making sure you drag the cursor across different dates, even if you're blocking a single night. For example, to block the night of 07.12, drag the cursor from 07.12 to 08.12.
- In the toolbar to the right, select the Manually blocked checkbox under "Availability". If "Multiple availabilities" appears instead, click Set and proceed to the checkbox.
- If the "Require reason for updating availability" toggle was turned on, a "Notes" field will appear: Explain why you are blocking these dates.
- We recommend making sure a reason for blocking dates is always provided: Follow these instructions.
- At the top of the toolbar, click Save.
The block will only cover part of the end date, since most of that day isn't part of the reservation — the guest(s) will only be checking out.
Instead of dragging the cursor, you can click a date on the relevant listing and select a date range across one or more nights in the upper part of the pop-up. You can use this method to block past dates; click on a future date and then change the date range manually in the pop-up window to a past date.