The information in this article is relevant only for Pro users at this time.
Once you have an Expedia account, you can link your existing Expedia properties to existing Guesty listings and manage them from one place. Your Expedia account will not be connected to Guesty at any point, only the properties you link. Please note that publishing listings from Guesty to your Expedia account is not currently supported. Follow our instructions below.
Before you begin
To ensure a smooth process when integrating Expedia with Guesty, please review the below prerequisites before getting started.
- You must have an active Expedia account with at least one active property
The connection between the two platforms is enabled by linking properties. It's not possible to connect to Expedia without having an account with one or more active properties in it.
- If you manage a complex in Expedia, you must set up the complex in Guesty before connecting to Expedia
Since the connection is enabled by linking properties, the listings must already be set up in each platform.
- All properties must be set to “tax exclusive = true” and “tax inclusive = false” on the property’s rate settings in Expedia
Please contact your Expedia Account Manager or Expedia Support in order to ensure that the property has the correct settings.
- The account currency in Expedia must match the corresponding listing’s currency in Guesty
- You can update the listing’s currency in Guesty if needed
- You must set your Guesty integration email on Expedia to receive messages in your Guesty inbox
Linking an Expedia property to Guesty
Step by step:
- Performing steps 3-8 before receiving the confirmation email from Expedia will result in an authorization error
- Any Expedia room that isn't linked to a Guesty listing by the end of this process will be deactivated on Expedia until it is linked
- Once an Expedia unit is linked, it can take up to 30 minutes for the property to update on Expedia, and you will still need to manage certain aspects from Expedia
Follow the instructions below to link your Expedia property to Guesty.
- If it hasn't been done already, set Guesty as the Property Management System (PMS) for the property on Expedia Partner Central.
Please note that each account can connect to only one PMS. If you have more than 20 properties, contact us. We'll ask Expedia to set Guesty as the PMS for all of them at once on your behalf.
- Log in to Expedia Partner Central.
- Select Room and Rates.
- Select Expedia Connectivity Settings.
- Choose Guesty as the System Provider.
Select both Availability and rates and Booking retrieval.
- Click Save.
- Once you receive the notification from Expedia that the property is enabled, sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the icon drop-down menu and select Growth mode.
- Click Distribution.
- Click the Expedia thumbnail.
- Click Get started.
- Fill in the information in the steps detailed below or learn more here:
- Select property
- Select policies
- Connect listings
- Click Done.