With Guesty's Damage Protection you will be able to receive compensation for damages caused by guests during their stay without confronting them. You can cover the added billing cost for Guesty's Damage Protection in the following ways:
- Damage wavier fee: Add it as an additional fee in your Guesty account or a specific listing and sync it to your booking channels:
- Add it to the accommodation fare in Guesty: Use a pricing application or Guesty's Revenue Management to increase the listing's base price so that the added cost is embodied in the accommodation fare.
- Add it to the cleaning fee in Guesty: This will have a smaller impact on pricing and ranking compared to adding the added cost to the accommodation fare, explained above.
- Ask the owner to "opt-in" to the Damage Protection plan: Invoice the owner for the fee monthly, when you are billed by Guesty.
Hybrid approach: Combine any or all of the above approaches to spread out the added cost across the additional fee, accommodation fare, cleaning fee, and/or owner. For example, if you chose a Damage Protection plan that costs $50 per reservation, you can cover it in the following way:
- The owner pays $25.
- You pay $25, which you choose to cover with a $5 additional fee and by adding $20 to the cleaning fee.