The information in this article is relevant only for Pro users at this time.
After connecting your Booking.com account to Guesty, you can add new listings in two ways:
- “Link” your existing listings in Guesty to your existing listings in Booking.com, and manage them in Guesty. Learn more here.
- “Publish” your existing listings in Guesty to Booking.com. Create a listing from scratch in Guesty, and add it directly to Booking.com. Follow the steps below.
Before you begin
Read the following facts and limitations:
- You need to connect your Booking.com account to Guesty before publishing a new listing. If you haven’t set up the connection yet, you will be directed to set it up as described below
- You need to create the listing in Guesty before publishing it to Booking.com
- Complexes cannot be published to Booking.com and instead must be created in Booking.com, and then to be linked to Guesty
- We must have your Booking.com account's LEID information to be able to publish listings. Learn more here
- Ensure you added your license number in Guesty if you're required to. Learn more here
- Publishing a listing may take up to 3 business days following the end of the setup process, during which the connection status will display as "Pending". Contact us if the listing remains "Pending" for more than 3 days
- Taxes can be synced to Booking.com only upon the initial publishing. If any updates are made to one of the tax values in Guesty after the initial publish, they will not be synced to Booking.com unless the status of the listing on the Booking.com Extranet is "XML: Being Built". Therefore, for any future tax updates, you should contact Booking.com.
- If updates are made to the values of the following items in Guesty after the listing was published, you need to manually update them on Booking.com as well:
- Authorization hold
- Listings’ address
- Listing’s title
- Ensure the listing you’d like to publish is activated and listed
You can publish listings from Guesty via the main Booking.com distribution page, or from a specific account's page.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector and select Growth mode.
- Click Distribution.
- Click the Booking.com thumbnail.
- To the right of the relevant account, click +Publish listing. Alternatively, click on the relevant account. Then, in the top right corner of the account page, click Publish to channel.
- In the “Select a Guesty listing” page, select the listing you’d like to publish from the upper dropdown. You can search the listing by typing the listing’s name, nickname, or address.
- In the case of a multi-unit, select the main listing in Guesty, and not any specific sub-unit.
- Select the listing’s relevant room type from the lower dropdown. Ensure that the room type you choose best describes your listing.
- Selecting a room type may prompt you to add some additional information required for this type of room. For example, you may be asked to fill in the maximum occupancy for the listing, list the included amenities, etc.
- Validate the property title and contact number as they appear in Guesty, and update the information (if needed). Ensure both of them are valid and with no restricted values (i.e., no special characters). Also, add the room size.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the relevant information: Select a cancelation policy, a cancelation fee, set your child policy, choose a payment method, and select whether to publish your company logo and/or your company details to Booking.com
- Click Add to channel.