You can publish your Guesty listings to Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy and manage them directly in Guesty. Once your Guesty account is connected to Marriott, you can publish listings at any time, and all content will be synced across the platforms. Follow the instructions below.
Before you begin
Before starting the connection process, please ensure that you have obtained the HVMB HMC ID (7-digit serial number) from your Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy supply leader. If you don't have this ID, reach out to your point of contact and request it from them.
If you are currently not in contact with a supply leader from Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, please fill out this form and someone from HVMB will respond to your request within 24-48 hours.
Once you receive the HVMB HMC ID, you can begin the integration process with Marriott by following the steps below.
To avoid issues and onboarding failures, please make sure that your listings abide by the following requirements:
- Cancellation Policy (this will be assigned during the onboarding process)
- Check-in and check-out times
- Listing title
- The number of rooms must be greater than 0
- Minimum of 6 images
- Minimum of 5 amenities
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, hover over Integrations.
- From the drop-down, select Distribution.
- Click the Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy thumbnail.
Click Start connecting to Marriott.
- In the pop-up, check the box to confirm that you have already filled out Marriott's interest form.
- If you have not yet filled out the form, do so now.
- Click Continue to connect listings.
- On the next page, enter the 7-digit HMC ID you received from Marriott and click Connect property ID.
- If you have not received an HMC ID, please contact Marriott.
Select a cancellation policy, and then click Next.
Select the listings you want the cancellation policy to apply to. By default, "All my current listings" will be selected. Click Connect listings to continue.
Please note that only multi-units and single units can be linked to Marriott.
- A pop-up will appear letting you know that your listings are pending connection with Marriott. Click Continue to dashboard.
HVMB has a global inventory of private luxury homes including beachfront bungalows, villas, chateaus, cabins, ski chalets, townhouses, flats, apartments, penthouses, and even castles.
HVMB has quality and service requirements necessary for properties to be listed. Their team of experts will share details and support property managers to determine if properties are eligible or not.
Be sure to only list properties that were approved by the HVMB team.
HVMB only works with professional property management companies managing luxury properties. Individual homeowners are not considered.
If your properties are in the United States, you must manage at least 50 properties to be considered.
If your properties are outside of the United States, you must manage at least 15 properties to be considered.
The basic requirements properties must have to be considered are:
- Basic home standards
Safety equipment, including smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers and first aid kit
- Wi-Fi, linens, towels and other essentials
- Bathroom Amenities (soap, shampoo, etc.)
- 24/7 Support
- Unique Property Name (min 8 characters, max 255)
- Listing ID (provided by HVMB Integration team)
- HMC ID (provided by HVMB integration team)
- Accurate property address
- Property Description
- One or more bedrooms (no studios or home shares)
- Fully equipped kitchen,
- Minimum of 6 pictures with a minimum resolution of 500 x 800 (we recommend 20 pictures)
- Minimum of 5 amenities
- Cancellation policy (14, 30, 60 or 90 days)
- At least 3 days of consecutive availability and nightly base pricing over the next 365 days
Once you've created your listing in your Guesty account and requested for it to be published to HVMB, you can easily see the status of the listing. Follow the status changes until you see it was successfully connected.
Listing status: Live in channel
Your request has been approved by HVMB and is ready to be published. However, this status does not necessarily mean the listing is published on the channel. Please contact the channel’s customer support to learn more.
Listing status: Pending
Your request has been sent to HVMB and is being reviewed for approval. It may take up to 14 days for a pending listing to be reviewed. If the listing is still pending after 14 days, channel prerequisites or listing limitations may not have been met. Please contact your HVMB representative to learn more.
Listing status: Failed
There are two failed listing scenarios for HVMB:
- Your listing was not approved by Guesty to be sent to HVMB. You can see the failure reason in the listings dashboard and fix it as needed. Some possible reasons we may not validate your listing are that there is a missing title, missing public description, or it does not have enough photos.
- Your listing has been rejected by the channel because it was illegible or has been in status pending for more than 30 days. Guesty will provide the information as to why your listing has been rejected.
Data synced between Guesty and Marriott (taxes and fees)
See the fees and taxes synced between Guesty and Homes & Villas by Marriot Bonvoy below.
- Occupancy tax
- Local tax
- City tax
- Goods and services tax
- Tourism tax
- County tax
- State tax
- Transient occupancy tax
- Home sharing tax
- Harmonized sales tax
- Minimum alternate tax
- Cleaning fee
- Extra person fee
- Management fee
- Parking fee
- Pool fee
- Pool heating fee
- Resort fee
- Service fee
- Damage Waiver fee
- Electricity fee
- Heating fee
- Water fee
- Air conditioning fee
- Laundry fee
- Linen fee
- Towel fee
Reservation invoice items
See the different items you will see on your HVMB invoice below.
- Accommodation fare: the sum of the reservation's nightly rates minus the potential discount contract with Marriott. Accommodation fare does not include potential extra person fee(s).
- Total reservation taxes: the sum of all taxes applied to the accommodation fare and reservation fees
- Additional fee: the sum of all fees including extra person fee, cleaning fee, and any other additional fees synced with Marriott
- Host channel fee (this will show as a negative amount): the sum of Marriott’s commission and transaction processing fee
- Total: the total payout amount you will receive
Please note that the taxes and fees invoice items from HVMB are displayed exactly as we receive them and we do not have the option to retrieve the exact itemized values of the cleaning fee or any additional fees.