Accounting by Guesty is a premium feature. Please contact us to discuss activating it.
A reservation can have transactions that were generated automatically by the business model or added manually. When you reprocess a reservation, all transactions are deleted and then recreated based on the listing's current business model.
A reservation will need reprocessing in the following scenarios:
- It is missing folio transactions because it was created before onboarding to Accounting.
- It has the wrong folio transaction because it was re-processed based on the wrong business model.
- It has a problematic folio transaction due to a manual action.
- It was relocated to a new listing that has a different owner and business model.
- It is not showing up on an owner statement.
If any of the reservation's automatic transactions were reversed before reprocessing, they will be recreated after you reprocess and will no longer appear as reversed. If a manual transaction was reversed, it will stay reversed.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector and select Financials mode.
- Click Reservations.
- Click the relevant reservation.
- In the banner at the top of the page, click Balance due/Payout.
- Find the "Accounting folio" section.
- Click Re-process reservation.
- In the pop-up, click Reprocess, and see which business model the reprocessing is based on.
- In the pop-up, click Done.
Contact us if you need to reprocess many reservations at once.