To make sure that you have enough time to prepare your listing for the next guest, you can determine how much notice is needed for guests to make reservations ahead of check-in with Advance Notice.
Please note the important limitations certain booking channels enforce regarding Advance Notice, and follow the instructions below to set Advance Notice for your listings.
Before setting up Advance Notice
Keep the following in mind:
- Pre-approving a reservation will override Advance Notice, and the guest will be able to confirm the reservation during the Advance Notice that was set.
- Updates to Advance Notice will apply from the midnight after the changes are made.
Booking Channel Limitations
Advance Notice is calculated backwards from 11:59 PM on the day the guest intends to check-in, in the time zone of the listing.
For example, if you set an Advance Notice of one day, guests will be able to make a reservation until 11:59 the day before.
Guests cannot make same-day reservations on Vrbo, regardless of the Advance Notice setup in Guesty.
For linked listings, create and activate a rate plan to set up "same-day (customize cut-off hours)" (the number of hours in advance a guest may book the property).
Define same-day bookings in your Expedia account after completing the steps below.
Setting up Advance Notice
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings.
- Select the relevant listing.
- For a multi-unit, access the multi-unit's main settings, rather than a sub-unit's settings: The settings will automatically apply to all sub-units. Learn more.
- In the listing's menu, click Calendar.
- Select Availability Settings.
- Next to "Calendar Availability", click Edit.
- Under "Advance Notice", click the drop-down.
- Select how much notice is required.
- "Same day (customize cut-off hours)" syncs with Direct Bookings and Airbnb, Expedia, and Booking.com listings only.
- For all other booking channels, it will become a one-day block on the listing's calendar.
- Click Save.