The information in this article is relevant only for Pro users at this time.
You can publish your Guesty listings to Whimstay and manage them directly in Guesty. Once your Guesty account is connected to Whimstay, you can publish listings at any time, and content will be synced across the platforms. Follow the instructions below to connect your account and listings to Guesty.
Learn where you should manage your Whimstay listings, reservations, and guest communication after connecting.
Before you begin
- Any changes or updates made to listings may take up to 24 hours to reflect on the channel
- Learn about the connection statuses & basic troubleshooting
Channel commission type: % of booking's total amount.
Channel requirements and limitations
- Coverage: Whimstay only accepts listings located in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean
- Listings types supported: single-units, multi-units (not complexes)
- Currency: USD (only)
Connecting your account
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector, then select Growth mode.
- Click Distribution.
- Locate the Whimstay thumbnail, and click Connect.
- Click Start connecting to Whimstay.
- If you already have a Whimstay account, mark the I have already signed up checkbox. Otherwise, click Register here and we'll be in touch. Complete the onboarding questionnaire and repeat the steps.
- Click Continue to connect listings.
- Select a cancellation policy and a cancellation fee (if relevant) from the dropdowns, then click Next.
You can change the cancellation policy at any time via the listing's settings.
- Choose the listings you'd like to connect by selecting either All my current listings or Specific listings. If choosing the latter, click Select listings to connect. Then, mark the checkboxes for the relevant listings, and click Done.
- Click Done.
A pop-up will appear letting you know that your listings are pending connection with Whimstay.
- Click Continue to dashboard.
Connecting new listings
To connect new listings after your Whimstay account is connected to Guesty, click Connect listings in the top-right corner of your Whimstay dashboard and follow steps 8 to 10 above.
Disconnecting a listing
Follow the instructions in this article.
Making changes to a listing after initiating the connection process
Making changes to listings after the connection process with the channel was initiated, can only be synced to the channel if the listing’s status is either “Failed” or “Connected”.
For example, if you finished the connection setup to a channel, and the listing is in “Pending” status, adding images to the listing in Guesty won’t be synced to the channel. You will need to wait for the listing’s connection status to change to "Connected", or "Failed".
If the status changed to “Connected”, the added images will be synced to the channel.
If the status changes to “Failed” you will need to initiate the connection process again (the photos will be pushed to the channel).