If a reservation has more than one email address saved in Guesty, you can choose which address will be used for guest communication by setting it as the primary email address.
Before you begin
Below are the different ways you can communicate with guests on Guesty:
- You can send Inbox messages to a guest's booking channel proxy email
To communicate with a guest through the booking channel's messaging platform, choose their proxy email address, which enables the flow of communication between a booking channel's messaging platform and Guesty.
- You can send Inbox messages to guest's personal email address
To communicate with a guest directly, choose their private email address
- You can send Automated Messages to a guest's primary email address
We recommend making sure the correct email address has been set as the primary address each time a new reservation is received.
Changing a guest's primary email address
Follow the instructions below to set the primary email through the Inbox widget.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click .
- From the left menu, select Guests Inbox.
- Select the relevant message thread.
- In the widget sidebar to the right, click .
- Hover over "Contact details", and click Edit.
- Under "Emails", hover over the relevant email address.
- Click the star icon that appears to the right.
- At the top of the widget, click Save.