Freeze funds on a credit card for a limited time by placing an authorization hold. The hold expires after seven days and the funds are then released from the credit card. If you want to release the funds before the hold expires, you can release the funds manually.
Follow the instructions below to place an authorization hold automatically using auto payments and details about the fields to customize.
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings.
- Click the relevant listing:
- For a multi-unit, access the listing's main settings. The change will be applied to the sub-units.
- In the listing's menu, click Pricing & Policies.
- Select Auto Payments from the drop-down.
- On the right-hand side, click Add.
- From the drop-down, click Authorization hold.
- Click the added authorization hold to edit it.
- Customize the relevant fields seen below.
- Click Save.
Due to a requirement set by payment processor Stripe, seven days is the maximum length of an authorization hold. Any amount that hasn't been charged after seven days will be released automatically.
Scheduled hold (capture) of funds
Before Check-out: You can choose any of the following instead:
- At or After Check-out.
- At, Before, or After Check-in.
- At or After Confirmation.
- Minutes: You can use Days instead.
- Hours: You can use Days instead.