Once you've created a Custom Field, you'll need to adjust its value (according to the relevant listing/reservation it relates to).
The default setting for Custom Fields is to show only populated fields — meaning only the custom fields with values will be displayed. This setting can be manually changed from the Custom Fields tab in the listing's page.
The new default value will apply to reservations that are received or created after the change is made. Existing reservations won't be affected.
Step by step:
- Log in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the icon drop-down menu and select Operations mode.
- Click Properties.
- Click the relevant listing.
- In the “Details & Layout” section, select Custom Fields.
- Click Edit on either the "Property Custom Fields" section or the "Default Values for Reservation Custom Fields" section.
- You can view all custom fields on the editing page.
- Adjust the Custom Field’s value by activating the field according to the type:
For a custom field with a text box: Fill in the text box.
- When configuring a custom field for a link, refrain from including any extra text alongside the link.
- Click on the text box, and directly paste/input the URL link into the text box.
This will ensure that the Custom Field value is properly sent to your guests or team members.
- For a list type: Choose a value from the dropdown.
- For a toggle type: Switch the toggle on/off. In order to set the toggle as "off," first activate the field by switching the toggle on, and then off.
- For a custom field with a text box: Fill in the text box.
- Click Save.