Once you created a custom field, you need to adjust its value, according to the relevant listing/reservation it relates to, as will be described in this article.
The default setting for custom fields is to show only populated fields, i.e., only custom fields with values will be displayed. This setting can be manually changed from the Custom Fields tab (see screenshot below).
The new default value will apply to reservations that are received or created after the change was made. Existing reservations will not be affected.
Step by step:
- Log in to your Guesty account.
- On the dashboard’s top bar, click Listings.
- Click the relevant listing.
- In the “Details & Layout” section, select Custom Fields.
- In the Custom Fields tab, two sections are presented: "Property Custom Fields" and "Default Values for Reservation Custom Fields". Click on the pencil icon to the right of the relevant section.
- On the edit page, you can see all the custom fields. Adjust the custom field’s value by activating the field according to the type:
- For a custom field with a text box, fill in the text box.
- For a list type, choose a value from the dropdown.
- For a toggle type, switch the toggle on/off. In order to set the toggle as "off," first activate the field by switching the toggle on, and then off.
- Click Save.
To ensure accurate value transmission to your recipients, when configuring a custom field for a link, click on the textbox and directly input the link URL. refrain from including any extra text alongside the link.