For more information on limitations, see Collections.
A Dynamic Page is connected to a content collection and used to generate multiple pages with unique content but the same design. You can either create a new Dynamic Page, convert an existing page to a Dynamic Page, or use a predefined Dynamic Page that is already included in the platform.
Users can add a dynamic page that is automatically connected to an Internal Collection with default content through Pages and Popups. For more information, see Pages and Popups.
- If you select the default Internal Collection (the same name as the page), everything is connected and you just have to edit the content. If you change the field names, it will disconnect them from the widgets, and must be reconnected.
- If you select another collection, you must connect your widgets to the collection fields.
- You must have a content collection before you can create or convert a Dynamic Page. For more information, see Define a Collection for Dynamic Pages.
- Multilingual sites and Site Comments are not supported with Dynamic Pages.
- You cannot select a Dynamic Page or Page Item from the link picker or the Navigation widget.
Create New Dynamic Pages
- In the left panel, click Pages, and then click + New Page.
- Select Dynamic Page.
- If you do not have a collection, you will be prompted to create one.
- Type a Page Name.
- Select the collection you want to connect to from the drop-down.
- Click Add Page.
After creating a Dynamic Page, the next step is to connect your widgets.
Convert an Existing Page to a Dynamic Page
- In the left panel, click Pages, click the Page Settings () icon next to the page you want to convert and click Convert to Dynamic Page.
- Select the collection from the drop-down.
- Click Done.
After converting a Dynamic Page, the next step is to connect your widgets.
Dynamic Pages appear in the Pages Panel with a collection icon to indicate it is a Dynamic Page. To see the name of the collection the page is connected to, hover over the icon.
Dynamic Pages do NOT appear in the site navigation and thus are hidden by default. See Add a List to Display Dynamic Pages for more information on how to provide navigation to your Dynamic Pages.
Dynamic Page Permissions
Dynamic Pages do not have special permissions. The data is handled externally (except in the case of internal collections), so if a client has access to the data in the collection they will be able to change it. Also, the data is not backed up in any way.
Clients with limited editing permissions will not be able to change anything that is connected in the Dynamic Page—they are only able to view it.
Dynamic Page Navigation
Once a Dynamic Page is created or an existing page is converted, by default it will not appear in the navigation and the URL will not be indexed. This is because it does not have any content; it only functions as a layout. This also means the Dynamic Page and the page items will not be available in the link picker.
To add the dynamic page to the navigation:
- In the side panel, click Pages, and click the settings icon next to the dynamic page you want to add to the navigation. For more information, see Pages and Popups.
- Click Hide/Show in Navigation, and then select Show on all.
- In the Add to Navigation popup:
- Select a parent navigation page from the Add page items as subpages of drop-down.
- Select a Field to display in navigation from the dropdown.
- Click Save Details.
- Each parent navigation page may only contain information from one dynamic page. That is, multiple dynamic pages may not be linked to a single parent navigation page. Additionally, you may have up to 150 page items. However, it is not recommended you reach this limit.
- If a navigation item contains a dynamic page and a regular page, the dynamic page items will always be displayed last, regardless of the order of the actions.
You can also add a list to display dynamic pages and provide navigation. For information, see Add Lists to Display Dynamic Pages.
Dynamic pages are only supported in the site page's navigation and not in custom navigation. For more information, see Navigation and Sub-Navigation Links.
Dynamic Page Settings
In the Dynamic Page settings you can change the collection and URL of the page, turn on or off page indexing, add SEO data by connecting the title and description fields to the collection, and add custom Header HTML.
After creating or converting the Dynamic Page, the next step is to connect your widgets.