This article relates to Guesty's premium Guest Communication Services feature.
'If This, Then That' (or 'IFTTT') is the set of rules and guidelines that our Guest Communication Services team goes by when handling your rental business. The team will refer to these rules and guidelines every time they interact with your account.
Examples of IFTTT rules
- If there is a change to a reservation, only accept this if the payout is higher. If not, ask the host.
- If there are no keys in the lockbox during check-in, contact the building manager and send messages to previous guests/cleaner to investigate.
- If there is a late check-in (after 9 pm), contact a member of your team for approval.
The difference between IFTTTs and Saved Replies
Both IFTTTs and Saved Replies store information about your listings. The difference between the two features is for whom they're each relevant.
- Saved Replies are pre-written, stored answers to the questions that are commonly asked by your guests.
- IFTTTs are pre-written, stored rules for our Guest Communication Team on how and with whom to communicate.
Please contact our Guest Communication Services team to add or edit IFTTTs.