You can use the Guesty Inbox to send and receive messages from guests. However, there could be several reasons why you are unable to receive messages from Vrbo in Guesty or vice versa. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Make sure your Vrbo integration email address is entered in your Vrbo account. Contact us if the correct email address is entered, and include the following screenshots:
- If you switched from Vrbo via a channel manager to Guesty's direct connection, reservations that were created via the channel manager were migrated to the direct connection. Messages sent from the Vrbo inbox by these guests are not expected to be received in Guesty, since these reservations are associated with the channel manager’s integration email. We recommend moving to email communication with these guests.
- Spam or junk folder
- Sometimes, messages from Vrbo or Guesty may end up in your spam or junk folder. Check these folders to see if any messages have been filtered there.
- Email filters or rules
- If you have set up any email filters or rules in your email, it is possible that messages from Vrbo or Guesty are being automatically directed to specific folders or deleted. Review your filters or rules and make any necessary adjustments.
- Blocked or blacklisted emails
- Check if you have blocked or blacklisted any email addresses from Vrbo or Guesty. If yes, remove them from the blocked or blacklisted list.
Inquiries that are sent without dates attached are not displayed in Guesty.