You can make changes to a reservation by submitting an alteration request in Airbnb.
Airbnb automatically checks for availability in Guesty. If the request isn't accepted, make sure to check the following options below.
1. Check Minimum Night Settings
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings
- Click the relevant listing.
- In the Listings menu, click Calendar. If the listing is a multi-unit, click the relevant sub-unit first by editing the multi-listing unit.
- Hover over theicon on each of the relevant dates of the calendar.
2. Check for Manually Blocked Dates
3. Check Advance Notice Settings
- In the Listings menu, click Property. If the listing is a multi-unit, ensure that you are accessing this via the listing's main settings.
- Scroll down to "Availability Settings".
- Click the drop-down below "Advance notice".
- Change the value to None (Default) if any other value is set.
4. Check Preparation Time Settings
- In the Listings menu, click Marketing. If the listing is a multi-unit, ensure that you are accessing this via the listing's main settings. Learn how to check this here.
- Scroll down to Airbnb Features.
- Click the drop-down below "Preparation time".
- Change the value to None if any other value is set.
5. Check Calendar Availability
Check the calendar to see if there is another reservation booked on the altered dates of the reservation.
6. Check for Rate Strategy
- Check if you are not overriding nights and prices.
- Check there are no restrictions for check-in or checkout during specific dates.
- Make sure there are no rules set for recurring dates, holidays, short stays, etc.
Learn more about Rate Strategy and how Guesty calculates multiple minimum nights for the same dates.
7. Resubmit the Alteration Request
- After the steps above have been checked, resubmit the alteration request in Airbnb.
- You can reconfigure the settings once the reservation has been successfully changed.