Any property that is shared between different external services, such as PMCs and advertising services, is referred to as "non-exclusive inventory".
To avoid double bookings and present the correct availability to guests, you can use iCal to sync a non-exclusive inventory listing's Guesty calendar with external calendars.
When you export a calendar to an external service, events from the Guesty calendar will block the external calendar.
Follow the instructions below to export a listing's Guesty calendar to external calendars using iCal.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, take note of the following important information:
- You may create 1 export link per property/sub-unit.
Updates made to the Guesty calendar will be reflected in the exported calendar within 1 hour.
- You can view the status of the export at any time in the listing's menu. See step 8 below.
- Past blocks/reservations will not be available via the iCal. The following current and future blocks will be exported from Guesty through iCal:
- Manual Blocks
- Confirmed Reservations
- Reserved Reservations
- Owner Reservations
- Allotment Blocks
- Smart Calendar Rules
- Rental Periods (unavailable by default)
- Booking Window
- Advance Notice
- Annual Block Limit (yearly night limits)
- Preparation Time Block
- You can export a Guesty listing's calendar to a TripAdvisor calendar that is not integrated with Guesty; however, we cannot guarantee a perfect implementation.
Exporting your Guesty calendar
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings.
- Click the relevant listing.
- If the listing is a multi-unit, click a sub-unit on the left-hand side first. Learn more about accessing a sub-unit's settings.
- In the listing's menu to the left, click Calendar.
- From the drop-down, select Calendar sync (iCal).
- To the right of "Exported calendars", click Edit.
- Click the arrow icon to the right of the "Generate a unique URL" field.
- An iCal URL will generate and appear in the field. Click the copy icon to the right of the field.
- Once the URL has been generated, the status of the export will display automatically.
- You can adjust the start and end dates of the blocks that will be imported/exported using iCal.
- Click Save.
- Paste the link into the destination's calendar import settings.
If the listing becomes exclusive at some point, you may want to stop syncing the calendars. Follow these instructions to delete the listing's calendar export link.