Once your guest has provided a phone number with their reservation, you can use the Guesty Inbox to send and receive messages via WhatsApp. All messages are sent using Guesty’s business account phone number.
As per WhatsApp’s business accounts rules, you can respond to a guest within 24 hours of receiving a message. The timer is reset with each new guest message received.
Use one of Guesty’s pre-made message templates in order to start a conversation with a guest (creating or personalizing a message template isn't supported). Continue the conversation freely once a guest responds.
Follow the instructions below to send a message to a guest.
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Inbox.
- From the drop-down, click Guests Inbox.
- Click the relevant message thread on the left side.
- At the bottom of the page, click Type your message here.
- Under "Type your message here", select Via WhatsApp from the drop-down.
If a selection of pre-made templates appears, hover over the relevant template and click Send. Otherwise, continue to Step 7.
- Click Type your message here.
- Enter the relevant text.
- Click the blue Send button.
This integration feature only supports text messages through WhatsApp.
If you'd like to attach another form of media, you can send a branded email to a guest.
Learn more in our WhatsApp Guesty webinar.