Follow the steps below to use your own email address to contact guests from the Inbox.
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Choose the domain: You can buy a domain or create a subdomain under an existing domain, provided it is not already being used for email services. Use a subdomain such as info.mydomain.com, not mydomain.com.
- Send us a request for personal documentation: To begin the process, you need specific information from Guesty. Contact us with the request and provide the subdomain you wish to use.
- Go to the DNS provider you use to manage your subdomain.
- Follow the instructions as they appear inside the documentation Guesty sent you: It includes the routing info you need to fill in your DNS provider's site. This process includes three main parts:
- The ability to send emails.
- The ability to receive emails.
- The ability to track who opened and clicked your emails.
- Contact us once the previous steps are completed.
If a guest responds to your old email from their private email, their message will not be received in the Inbox. To prevent this, after changing the email address, send a message from the Inbox to all guests that communicate with you from their private email. Once they respond, their message will be received in the Inbox.
Additionally, after changing the email address, change your email in all relevant Rentals United accounts and listings to the new address.