Autohost is a guest-screening and automation platform that helps you review your guests and keep your properties safe with ID verifications, background and credit checks, security deposits, and more. Autohost works with all major booking channels.
Once you connect Autohost to Guesty, your guests are invited to confirm their reservation through an online check-in portal, where they must pass through a series of verifications. Learn more about the verification process here.
Follow the instructions below to connect Autohost to Guesty.
Copy the Guesty API Token
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, hover over Integrations.
- From the drop-down, select Marketplace.
- Search for "Autohost" then click Connect.
- At the top right click Connect.
- In the pop-up, copy the Integration token.
- Click OK.
The API token is valid for 4 hours only, proceed to the below steps to connect the partner immediately.
Connect Autohost With Guesty
If you are a new Autohost user, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before connecting Autohost with Guesty to set up your Autohost account.
Step by step:
- Contact your Autohost Account Manager to receive a Guesty connection link.
- Check the box next to the Guesty logo.
- Paste the API Key and Secret Key into the relevant fields.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the flow to finish the setup.
Set up Automated Messages
Autohost Stargate is an email relay system that integrates with Guesty. It allows the guest verification results from Autohost to work hand in hand with your messaging flow. Stargate uses verification-dependent filters to control whether and when a specific message is sent. Learn more about the messaging flow here.
Once you integrate with Autohost, three types of Automated Messages will be added to your listings:
- Booking confirmation: Using a dedicated link, this message will invite the guest to complete the online check-in portal.
- Reminders: After booking confirmation, you can schedule multiple reminder messages to go out at different times, after booking the reservation and before check-in. They are sent to the guest to remind them to complete the online check-in portal if it has not yet been completed.
- Check-in instructions: Once the guest has been verified by Autohost, they will receive their check-in instructions.
Follow the instructions below to ensure proper set up for the messages.
Step by step:
- Follow steps 1-6 in this article to navigate to the relevant Automated Message template.
- From the drop-down under "How should the message be sent?", select Email.
- From the drop-downs under "Send message to", select A team member and Autohost Stargate, which will be added as a contact to your Phone Book.
The rest of the set up will be completed in Autohost before you enable your listings. An Account Manager will be in touch to help you get this started.