Accounting by Guesty is a premium feature. Please contact us to discuss activating it.
A balance is a summary of financial transactions from the trust account's point of view as of a specific date.
For example, you want to know your balance for today, so today is the "as of" date. Let's say a guest pays for their reservation and some of that money is intended for a vendor that provided a service for that reservation. If, as of today, that money is still in the trust account and has not yet been paid to the vendor, it will be part of that vendor's balance.
In Guesty, you can generate a balance report for your accounting ledgers as of the balance date you choose. You can also generate a report for multiple ledgers at once. You can use this information to see how much is owed to your owners, for example.
Follow the instructions below to generate and export a balances report.
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Financials.
- From the drop-down, select Reports.
- In the reports menu, click Balance.
- Fill in the relevant information, and select as many ledgers as needed. The balance date is the "as of" date discussed in the example above.
- Click Export as CSV to download and view the report.
If you change your Guesty account currency, balances that remain from before the change will be displayed in both currencies: the balance until the change will be displayed in the old currency, and the balance since the change will be displayed in the new currency