Auto Tasks are tasks that are scheduled around and automatically triggered by a certain event in a reservation's life-cycle, such as check-in or booking confirmation.
Once you've created an Auto Task template — which provides your team with all the information they need to complete the task — you can set up its automated scheduling.
For example, to clean a property one hour after check-out, or to meet a guest/property owner at their planned arrival time.
Auto Tasks can be scheduled based on either guest reservations or personal stays by property owners, as you may want to provide a different experience depending on who is staying.
Note:Owners can stay at their properties by blocking dates on the calendar via Guesty's Owner's Portal.
When an owner makes a change to their scheduled stay, the timing of the task will automatically be updated. If an owner's stay is canceled, the task will also be canceled.
Follow the instructions below to set up the scheduling based on owner stays.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector and select Operations mode.
- Click Properties.
- Click the relevant listing.
- In the listing's menu, click Automation.
- From the drop-down, select Auto Tasks.
- Click New to create a new auto task.
- Fill in the relevant information, including selecting Owner from the "Type of stay" drop-down. Learn more here.
- Click Save.