You can increase or decrease a listing's accommodation fare by a certain percentage by setting up markups and markdowns. Different percentages can be set for each of your connected booking channels, allowing you to make sure that the relevant service fees are covered for each channel.
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings.
- Click the relevant listing. For a multi-unit, edit the main settings and the markup will update in all sub-units automatically.
- In the left menu, click Pricing & policies.
- In the drop-down, click Pricing.
- Scroll down to the "Markup/markdown" section.
- Click Edit.
- Turn off the Use your account's default settings toggle, if it's on.
- Under "Markup default value", set a value to apply to booking channels that do not have a specific markup.
- Under each booking channel, edit the markup and note that for Misterb&b listings, the markup is the percentage set for Guesty reservations, which are Booking Website and manual reservations.
- Click Save.
If the resulting price is not a whole number, Guesty will round it up to the nearest whole number. For example, if a 3.5% markup is added to a nightly rate of 51 USD, the resulting price will be 51 x 1.035 = 52.785, and Guesty will round that up to 53 USD.