You can move a guest's reservation from one listing to another. Guesty will block the relevant dates on the new listing's calendar, rather than the change being made in the booking channel itself. Follow the instructions below if you are moving the reservation to a multi-unit property.
Before you begin
You can move a guest's reservation to a listing as long as it is available on the relevant dates or if it has a "flexible" block on those dates (a block that can be overridden).
Are you moving the reservation to a single-unit property? Follow these instructions instead.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector, and select Operations mode.
- Click Reservations.
- Click the relevant reservation.
- In the Summary section, click the pencil icon.
- Under "Listing", click the name of the current listing.
- Select the relevant multi-unit listing from the dropdown. You will need to select the multi-unit's main unit, rather than any of the sub-units.
- An "Assigned Unit" field will appear next to it. Select the relevant sub-unit from the drop-down.
- Click Change.
- You can move a reservation to a sub-unit that is unlisted. However, it is not possible to move a reservation to a sub-unit that is not an active listing in Guesty.
- Listings will appear in the drop-down if they are available on the relevant dates or have a "flexible" block on those dates, which can be overridden.
- Listings will not appear in the drop-down if:
- The minimum/maximum nights do not match the reservation's number of nights.
- The listing’s occupancy is less than the reservation’s number of guests.
- The Listing is not in the same city as the Reservation’s current listing
The dates on the original listing's calendar will remain blocked. To receive new reservations at the original listing, unblock the relevant dates on its calendar. The dates will not be unblocked on the booking channel from which the reservation came, but they will be available on all other booking channels. This information is relevant for all channels except for Vrbo, as the dates will be unblocked in Vrbo.