The Disqus Comments widget lets visitors leave comments on your site using the Disqus Platform. Comments can help promote interest and discussion on your site, and give visitors insight into what other visitors think of your service or product.
To add the Disqus comments widget:
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click and drag the widget into your site.
To learn more about adding widgets to your site, see Add Widgets.
To access the content editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Content.
Type your Disqus Shortname to allow users to comment using this widget. Until you do so, users will not be able to comment. For more information about the Disqus shortname, click Disqus support portal.
Note:While the shortname is listed as name.disqus.com, you only need to type name in the Disqus Shortname field.
To access the design editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Design.
Customize the inner and outer spacing in the spacing section. For more information, see Outer and Inner Spacing.
For information about design options that are not specific to this widget (for example, layout, style, or spacing), see Widget Design.
Add Comments to Blog Posts
If you want to allow comments on blog posts, you need to create a new Disqus site for each blog post and then add the Disqus comments widget to each blog post.
Note:You need to use a different Disqus shortname for each post that you allow comments on. To learn how to create shortnames, see Disqus support.
To add a Disqus site to a blog post:
- Open the Editor and in the left panel, click Blog.
- Click Manage Posts.
- Select the post you want to add the Disqus widget to and click the Edit icon ().
- Click and drag the Disqus widget to the bottom of the blog post, below the end of your text.
- The Disqus context menu will open. On the Content tab, enter the shortname in the Enter Your Disqus Shortname field.
- Click Republish Post.
Comments can be moderated through the Disqus admin. To learn how, see Disqus Support.