When you set up or update a listing's cancellation policy in Guesty it will automatically update in the booking channels listed below and overwrite any cancellation policy they may already have:
- Booking.com, if the listing was published to the channel. If you are not sure, you can follow these instructions to check if the listing was published or linked.
For listings that were linked to Booking.com and all other booking channels, such as Agoda and Misterb&b, please manage your cancellation policies on the channel itself.
Read some important information regarding cancellation policies per channel below and follow our instructions to set up and manage a listing's cancellation policy in Guesty.
Booking Channel Cancellation Policies
After the cancellation policy is set up for a listing that is published to Airbnb, the following fields should not be edited in Guesty:
You can add a non-refundable discount on top of the listing’s cancellation policy.
When you connect a Vrbo account to Guesty, the account's default cancellation policy is applied to all of the listings. Be sure to review that policy and follow the instructions below if you want to set a different policy for a specific listing.
You can change a TripAdvisor listing's cancellation policy in Guesty. Learn more.
Cancellation policies for listings that are connected to Guesty via Rentals United should be changed in your Rentals United account.
Cancellation policies for listings that are connected to Guesty via SiteMinder should be changed in your SiteMinder account. Learn more.ֿ
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings.
- Click the relevant listing: For a multi-unit, each sub-unit should be updated individually by accessing the sub-unit's settings.
- In the listing menu, click Pricing & Policies.
- From the drop-down, select Reservation policies.
- To the right of "Cancellation policy", click Edit.
- For each booking channel that appears, select the relevant policy.
- Click Save.