The information in this article is relevant only for Pro users at this time.
Copy the Guesty API Token
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the icon drop-down menu and select Setup mode.
- Click Integrations, then select Marketplace.
- Search for "Authenticating.com" then click Connect.
- At the top right click Connect.
- In the pop-up, copy the Integration token.
- Click OK.
The API token is valid for 4 hours only, proceed to the below steps to connect the partner immediately.
Connect Authenticating.com to Guesty
Step by step:
- Sign in your Authenticating account.
- Navigate to the Authenticate portal, then the Guesty integration page.
- In the "API Key" input field, enter the API Key copied in the previous step and turn on the integration.
- Select your Pass Criteria.
- (Optional) Enable additional checks for guests: Verify ID and 7 Year Criminal check.
- Click Save.
If you have any questions or would like further information, contact Authenticate.
How Authenticating.com Works
- When a customer makes a reservation, irrespective of the reservation status, a verification link is generated and added to the AuthenticatingVerifyURL custom field which is synced to Guesty. This is the link your guest will use to verify themselves using Authenticate for this specific booking.
- We recommend that you set up Workflows in Guesty with automated messages for reservations that include the verification link.
- Once a guest has completed the verification process, the results are immediately sent to the Guesty inbox, and the status of the additional checks (if enabled) are populated in the respective custom field.
- Using the AuthenticatingVerificationPassed custom field, which is a yes/no custom field based on the Pass Criteria defined in the portal, you can trigger further workflows via Guesty. This empowers you to automate the entire verification check process based on their preferences.
Details on Custom Fields in Guesty
AuthenticatingIDStatus: Indicates the status of the ID after verification. It can have the following values:
- invalid: The ID of the guest could not be validated.
- valid_and_not_us_id: For our non-US guests, indicates that the ID is valid and from a non-US country. Currently, we don’t support any additional checks for these IDs.
- valid_and_live_match_fail: The selfie that the guest took does not match that on the ID, but the ID itself is valid.
- valid_and_verified: The ID is valid and the guest ID was verified via authoritative databases. (This option is only valid if the Verify ID check is enabled)
AuthenticatingCriminalReportStatus: Contains the 7-Year Criminal Check status, only if it was enabled, and will be one of the following values:
- clear: The criminal report returned no criminal history.
- requires_review: Some results were found on the guest and we recommend that the host checks the report to see if it contains only petty crime, traffic violations, and other minor offenses, or serious offenses.
- insufficient_data: The check could not be run, because we could not gather sufficient data on the guest to run the criminal check.
- AuthenticatingVerificationPassed: A yes/no custom field that indicates whether guest verification has passed based on criteria set by you on the portal via the Pass Criteria field. It can be used to trigger further workflows in Guesty.
- AuthenticatingVerifyURL: This custom field is populated with the URL that needs to be sent to the guest for self-verification. It is populated within a minute or two of the reservation being created on Guesty, irrespective of its status. Most of Authenticating.com hosts use this along with a Guesty workflow so as to have complete control over when the link is sent.
- AuthenticatingError: This custom field contains a detailed description in case a check could not be completed, or if any message needs to be conveyed to the user with respect to the verification check of the guest.