You can choose whether reservations made at multi-unit listings are assigned to one of their sub-units automatically, or manually. This is set up when creating a new multi-unit listing and can be changed at any time.
How reservation assignments work for multi-unit listings
Only reservations that are created as "Confirmed" will be automatically assigned:
- Instant-book reservations
- Manual reservations that were created as "Confirmed"
The following are not automatically assigned:
- Manual reservations that were created as "Inquiries" and changed to "Confirmed"
- Reservations that are imported from Airbnb as "Inquires", and then changed to "Confirmed"
- Booking.com group reservation (i.e., a reservation for multiple sub-units under the same multi-unit).
Keep in mind, a "Reserved" status reservation blocks dates on the calendar.
Reservations assignment settings
Follow the instructions below to change how reservations should be assigned.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Listings.
- Click the relevant multi-unit listing.
- In the listing's menu, click Property.
- Under "Multi-Unit Settings", locate the "Assign reservation to units" section.
- Select the relevant item, and choose from the following:
- Automatically at reservation creation
- Automatically X days before check-in (then, enter the relevant number of days)
- Click Save.
Important things to note
Below are a few important things to remember about multi-unit listing reservation assignments:
- With automatic reservation assignment, the new reservation will be assigned to the first available sub-unit.
For example: If you have 5 sub-units, the first reservation will be assigned to the first unit, the second reservation to the second unit, and so on.
- A reservation will remain unassigned if there aren't enough consecutive nights available on the calendar.
You can make room for this reservation by relocating other reservations to different sub-units, and thenassigning it manually.
- If you want to make changes to a reservation, confirm first that the sub-unit is available on the desired dates.
If you alter a reservation via the booking channel and the sub-unit is unavailable, the reservation will be automatically unassigned from the original sub-unit, and moved to the multi-unit for reassignment.