We're currently updating the user management page to a new design. If you see "Select an option" instead of "All properties" in step 7, please refer to the note in this article to finish assigning the role.
Only account managers and account admins can access the "User management" section required for assigning roles to users.
You can give your team members access to certain functionalities in Guesty based on the tasks they need to perform by granting them a set of permissions called a "role". You can see a list of all roles and their permissions in our overview. Follow the instructions below.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top-right corner, click your profile icon.
- From the drop-down, select User management.
- Select the relevant user.
- In the user management menu to the left, click Roles & permissions.
- Assign roles: Click Add role and select the relevant role from the drop-down. You can add as many roles as needed. If you add multiple roles, their functionalities may overlap, and the role with the highest level of permissions will take effect.
Assign listings: If the user has multiple roles, we recommend assigning the same listings to all roles that can be listing-specific to avoid a possible conflict in access. You'll know a role can be listing-specific when it says "All properties" after being added in step 6:
- If you click Save, all of your listings will be assigned to the user.
- If you want to give the user access to specific listings, click All properties and select the relevant listings. You can search for a listing's name or nickname, for example, or use the filters to narrow your search. Click Done at the bottom when you're finished choosing the listing(s).
- In both cases, if a complex or multi-unit is selected, the user will have access to all of the units under them.
- Click Save at the top to assign the listing(s) and role(s) to the user.
If needed, you can follow these instructions to remove a role that was assigned to a user.