Skip to main content
Releasing an Authorization Hold
Freeze funds on a credit card for a limited time by placing an Authorization Hold. You can do this manually
. Follow the instructions below to release the funds held.
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the
navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more
about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- From the top menu, click Reservations.
- Click the relevant reservation.
- Click Balance Due / Payout in the grey banner at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the "Payments" section.
- On the relevant payment line that shows Transaction Type "Authorization Hold", click Payment actions, then Release now.
- In the pop-up, click Yes, release now.
The Transaction Type will remain as "Authorization Hold", and Status will update to "Funds Released".
Due to a requirement set by Stripe, seven days is the maximum length of an Authorization Hold. Any amount that hasn't been charged after seven days will be released automatically.
Don't have a Guesty account yet?
Questions about Lotus Themes products and services
Instructions related to themes installation and usage
Join discussions with other users
Custom block text
notifications, connecting to vidmob, calls