Once a listing is set to Instant Booking, guests will be able to book reservations at that listing with no approval needed.
See our troubleshooting below if you receive a Request to Book or Inquiry instead:
- If a guest clicks "Contact host" in Airbnb, an inquiry will be created
- If a guest does not meet Airbnb's standard requirements for Instant Book, (e.g., having previous reviews) a Request to Book will be created
- If you set Advance Notice on an Instant Booking listing to Same day (customize cutoff hours)
- If the guest doesn't meet other requirements set by the host for Instant Book (e.g., having a certain number of previous reviews)
- If there are certain restrictions on an Instant Booking listing that the guest can't meet
For example, the listing is not marked as Suitable for children (2-12 years), but the guest indicates that the booking party includes children.
When a current or previous guest is requesting a new reservation through an existing conversation, a Request to Book will be sent, even if you have set Instant Booking.