Once a listing is set to Instant Booking, guests will be able to book reservations at that listing with no approval needed.
See our troubleshooting below if you receive a Request to Book or Inquiry instead:
- If a guest clicks "Contact host" in Airbnb, an inquiry will be created.
- If a guest does not meet Airbnb's standard requirements for Instant Book, such as having previous reviews, a Request to Book will be created.
- If you set Advance Notice on an Instant Booking listing to Same day (customize cutoff hours).
- If the guest does not meet other requirements set by the host for Instant Book, such as having a certain number of previous reviews.
- If there are certain restrictions on an Instant Booking listing that the guest cannot meet. For example, the listing is not marked as Suitable for children (2-12 years), but the guest indicates that the booking party includes children.
When a current or previous guest is requesting a new reservation through an existing conversation, a Request to Book will be sent, even if you have set Instant Booking.