You can create an inventory of fees in Guesty to charge guests for extra services, such as late check-out or laundry services.
You can also create an additional fee to collect a damage waiver fee and cover your damage protection costs.
Read the important limitations associated with some booking channels and follow the instructions below to create additional fees for your Guesty account.
Before you begin
Below is some important information to note before you creating additional fees on the account-level:
Refrain from setting up taxes through additional fees
Instead, set up taxes per account or per listing.
- Additional fees can't be deducted from the accommodation fare
- Some channels have specific limitations when creating an additional fee per account
Booking channel limitations
Additional fees won't apply to reservations that are booked with a special offer on Airbnb.
Learn more about syncing Airbnb Basic and Additional Fees and how Additional Fees are calculated in Airbnb.
Additional fees aren't synced with Booking.com for linked listings, only for published listings.
Additional fees that are synced with Vrbo (see "Apply fee to channels" below) will be collected by existing auto payment rules.
This includes instant and non-instant book reservations and Vrbo reservations made through Rentals United.
Learn more about setting up auto payment rules in our best practices.
Creating an additional fee on the account-level
Follow the instructions below to add additional fees per account.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector and select Financials mode.
- Click Financial settings and select Additional fees.
- In the top-right corner, click Edit.
- Click Add new (you may need to scroll down to see this button).
- Select the fee type from the drop-down. Each type can only be used once. To create another fee of the same type, use a fee type that is not in use. Your guest will only see the name you give the fee, not its type.
- Fill in the relevant information and remember that:
When the "Sync fee to channels" toggle is on, the fee is automatically added to future reservations from all supported booking channels
This means guests will see the additional fee on the channel before booking a reservation.
When the "Add fee to reservations from specific sources" toggle is on, the fee isn't added to the selected sources
Instead, it is automatically added to the guest invoice after the reservation arrives in Guesty.
Additional fees can't be added twice to the same reservation
If you want to give yourself the option to add a specific fee manually (for example, as an upsell) don't turn on either of the toggles above when setting up that additional fee.
- When the "Sync fee to channels" toggle is on, the fee is automatically added to future reservations from all supported booking channels
- Click Save.
- In the pop-up, read the information and click Save.
The newly created fee will only be added to future reservations. If you want it to apply to reservations that have already checked in, you need to add the fee manually.