You can create an inventory of fees in Guesty to charge guests for extra services, such as late check-out or laundry services. You can also create an additional fee to collect a damage waiver fee and cover your damage protection costs.
Additional fees can be created for your entire account or a specific listing, and you can set them up to be added to reservations automatically or you can add them manually.
Read the important limitations associated with some booking channels and follow the instructions below to create additional fees for your Guesty account.
Additional fees cannot be deducted from the accommodation fare.
Booking Channel Limitations
Additional fees that are synced with Vrbo (see "Apply fee to channels" below) will be collected by existing auto payment rules.
This includes instant and non-instant book reservations and Vrbo reservations made through Rentals United.
Learn more about setting up auto payment rules in our best practices.
Additional fees will not apply to reservations that are booked with a special offer on Airbnb.
Learn more about syncing Airbnb Basic and Additional Fees here.
Learn more about how Additional Fees are calculated in Airbnb here.
Step by Step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, hover over Financials.
- From the drop-down, select Financial settings.
- In the left menu, click Additional fees.
- To the right, click Edit.
- Click Add new. You may need to scroll down to see this button.
- Select the fee type from the drop-down. Each type can only be used once. To create another fee of the same type, use a fee type that is not in use. Your guest will only see the name you give the fee, not its type.
- Fill in the relevant information and remember that:
- When the "Apply fee to channels" toggle is on, the fee is automatically added to future reservations from all supported booking channels. This means guests will see the additional fee on the channel before booking a reservation.
- When the "Apply fee to reservations from specific sources" toggle is on, the fee is not added to the selected sources. Instead, it is automatically added to the guest invoice after the reservation arrives in Guesty.
- Additional fees cannot be added twice to the same reservation. If you want to give yourself the option to add a specific fee manually, as an upsell, for example, do not turn on either of the toggles above when setting it up that additional fee.
- Click Save.
- In the pop-up, read the information and click Save.