You can choose to collect payment for Booking.com reservations through Guesty's payment processor or by using one of the payment methods offered by Booking.com. Either way, the reservation's total amount and payment breakdown in Guesty are based on Booking.com. See the information below.
Guesty payment method
Credit card transactions in Guesty are processed through Stripe:
- Additional fees that are added to Booking.com reservations by default will be collected through the guest's credit card if it is received by Guesty.
- Items added to a reservation's invoice, such as an accommodation fare discount or adjustment will be collected through the guest's credit card if it is received in Guesty.
Booking.com payment methods
Booking.com offers the following payment solutions:
- Channel collect, known as "Payments by Booking.com"
- Hotel collect
- Virtual credit card (VCC)
See below some important information about how these payment solutions work with Guesty:
- If you have Auto Payment rules set up, the payments will not be automatically collected if you are using one of Booking.com's payment solutions, because the guest's credit card details will not be received in Guesty.
- Additional fees that are added to Booking.com reservations by default will show up in the reservation's invoice even if you are using one of Booking.com's payment solutions, but Booking.com will not collect them for you, since they do not sync with Booking.com. Booking.com will collect the following payments:
- Accommodation fare
- Cleaning fee
- Taxes, based on your Guesty setup.
Payments by Booking.com
You must be currently eligible and active to utilize Payments by Booking.com. Check your eligibility with your Booking.com account manager.
- Booking.com charges guests an additional 1.3% when using Payments by Booking.com. For each reservation that uses this payment method, we recommend following these instructions with the modifications below to make up for the difference:
- In step 5, hover over "Channel commission".
- In step 6, add +1.3% to the existing formula.
- Payment information for Payments by Booking.com does not show up on a Guesty reservation and needs to be manually added in the reservation’s financials section by adding a cash payment. Please note that failure to mark reservations as paid manually will result in the reservations remaining "unpaid" on any reports you may create.
- When using Payments by Booking.com, any additional adjustments such as discounts, promotions, or price increases will need to be added on the Booking.com Extranet.
Virtual Credit Card (VCC)
- Booking.com issues and loads the VCC with a specific amount of money. If you need to collect additional fees from the guest after the VCC is charged, you will have to obtain their personal credit card details, since the VCC will be empty.
You can check if you are using one of Booking.com's payment solutions in your Booking.com Extranet.