This article is only relevant for users who have not yet upgraded from Guesty Booking Website to Guesty Booking Engine.
The new Guesty Booking Engine features a cleaner and clearer design, prioritizing your inventory and ensuring a frictionless booking experience for your guests. The interface is also optimized for mobile, allowing guests to book effortlessly on any device.
Prospective guests can now view prices in their local currency while being charged in the currency of your choice, providing greater clarity and convenience during the booking process.
The new booking engine centralizes various revenue management tools, including Rate Strategies, Rate Plans, Promotions, and Coupons, in one place. This allows you to effectively manage and optimize your pricing and promotions.
The Search page has been upgraded to offer advanced filters. Guests can now search for listings based on price range, property type, amenities, and number of bedrooms, with real-time availability display.
The property page receives several upgrades, starting with an enhanced gallery to provide guests with a better understanding of the property. Property marketing details are prominently displayed in the description, allowing you to highlight key features effectively. The reservation widget has been fully upgraded, and all aspects of the Guesty setup are synced, including automatic application of weekly and monthly discounts, support for Rate Plans and Promotions, and easy coupon application. Additionally, the property page offers a comprehensive reservation breakdown, including cleaning fees and taxes.
The Checkout page showcases a new and improved layout. Guests can now view a detailed reservation breakdown, making it easy to understand the charges. The Guesty Booking Engine seamlessly integrates with Guesty Pay and Stripe, allowing you to collect payments efficiently. Furthermore, you can gather guest details for future correspondence and follow-up.
Before You Begin
- You can create, edit, and remove discount coupons for your Guesty Booking Engine. Active coupons will be automatically moved to and managed from the Revenue Management section.
- When you set up a source in Guesty (such as Additional Fees, Workflows, Channel Commission, Business Models, etc.), select website and Booking Engine. If you see multiple instances of "website" and "Booking Engine", select all of them.
- The site will have a new UI and new capabilities.
- You can create automated messages for confirmed reservations using Guesty's Workflows tool.
- Sub-units will no longer be supported, only multi-unit and single-unit listings can be added to the Booking Engine and will be visible as a dedicated property page.
- If you choose to work with multiple rate plans, make sure that there is a "basic" rate plan that reflects your "default" offering, which does not add availability restrictions (add 0% in the price adjustment).
- When you upgrade to the Guesty Booking Engine, the Custom Snippet field will be automatically disabled. If you would like to continue using this feature, you will need to manually enable it again.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the mode selector and select Growth mode.
- Click Distribution.
- Click the Guesty Booking Engine thumbnail.
- Select Upgrade your sites.
- Confirm the upgrade.