You can easily send a message to your Booking.com guests via the Guesty's Inbox.
When sending an email to a guest, you can either send it to the guest's primary email (by clicking via Email) or through the Booking.com platform ("Via Booking.com").
When sending a message by clicking via Email button, the message will be sent to the guest's primary email as it was set in Guesty:
- If the primary address is the proxy email provided by the booking channel, the message will be sent to the guest's inbox in Booking.com.
- If the primary address is the guest's private email, the message will be sent as a direct email.
When sending a message by clicking the Via Booking.com button, the message will be sent to your guest's inbox in Booking.com, through Guesty's API connection with the Booking.com platform.
Please note the following limitations for sending a message "Via Booking.com":
- You can only send your guest a message within 7 days after they have checked out/canceled their reservation.
- As an overrule, you need to respond to your guest's message within 14 days.
- You cannot use URL shorteners in your message (such as TinyURL).
- Attachments (including images), and any use of HTML formatting, are not supported when sending a message to a guest "via Booking.com". You may send an attachment to the guest via Email instead (if the guest's primary email is its private email). Learn more here.
- Special requests & inquiries from your Booking.com guests are not being received in the Guesty Inbox.
- You can send clickable links to your Booking.com guests Via Booking.com, but your guests cannot send you clickable links via the Booking.com platform.
Learn how to change a guest's primary email address in Guesty.