A subdomain is a domain that is a part of another domain. It is an added prefix to the site's domain URL, to mark a separate section of your website.
In this case, book.test.com, and blog.test.com are subdomains for the www.test.com domain. Also note that "book" is known as the host name, while the root domain (or Value) is "www.test.com"
Setting up a subdomain for your Booking Engine
To set up a subdomain to point to your Booking Engine, you need to retrieve your Booking Engine domain, and then set up a CNAME record in your domain provider. For example, set the following custom domain: "book.test.com" to your booking engine domain: "www.test.com"
Retrieve your Booking Engine Address
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, click Integrations.
- From the drop-down, click Distribution.
- Click the Guesty Booking Engine thumbnail.
- Click Edit next to the relevant engine.
- Add a custom domain to the Custom domain textbook. For example: book.test.com
- Copy your Booking Engine address. If you are using a custom domain for the booking engine address, use the domain address as shown in the note below Custom domain: (For example: "bookingenginetest.guestybooking.com").
Add a Cname Record to Your Domain Host Provider
Step by step:
- Sign in to your domain host account.
- Click the domain settings.
- Click on Add a CNAME record.
- Type the host/name (For example: "book").
- Set the "Value" (or "Data" in the Google Domains example below) to your Guesty Engine URL (for example: bookingenginetest.guestybookings.com).
After configuring the CNAME record for your subdomain, you should have the following CNAME record in your DNS settings:
book (for example)
bookingenginetest.guestybookings.com (for example)
- SSL certificate is automatically provided within 24 hours. If your site shows as not secured after 24 hours, please contact us.
- When assigning a subdomain to a site,
wwwdoes not need to be added, just the subdomain.