In order to safeguard the Host and Guest community, Airbnb has its own policy regarding what you can include in your listing's title and content.
These restrictions must be considered when publishing a listing from Guesty to Airbnb, otherwise, any changes made on Guesty won’t be synced to Airbnb.
To make sure your content on Guesty is syncing properly with Airbnb, review the restrictions below, and remove any content in the listing that isn’t part of Airbnb's policy and limitations.
Airbnb's policy restrictions for a listing's title
For Airbnb listings, titles that do not adhere to Airbnb's Title Limitations are likely to cause the listing to fail or cause discrepancies:
- All caps, repetitive words, emojis, and symbols are not allowed in listings’ titles
- A Listing title must be 1-50 characters long
- A Listing title must include information relevant to the listing type
Airbnb's policy restrictions for a listing's content
Learn more about Airbnb’s Content Policy, with Airbnb's Help Center article.
Some types of content aren't allowed in your listings description fields, and if added, any changes to the content will only be reflected in Guesty but won’t be synced to Airbnb.
- Make sure you are not including the following content in your Listing Descriptions and House Rules:
- Commercial content (e.g. company names, social media accounts, etc.)
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Repetitive special characters
- Website links
- Words all capitalized
- The listing's summary must not exceed 500 characters
Any updates to a listing's title and content that exceed the maximum number of characters will likely cause the syncing to fail.