Any property that is shared between different external services, such as PMCs and advertising services, is referred to as "non-exclusive inventory".
Syncing a non-exclusive inventory listing's Guesty calendar with external calendars is essential to avoid double bookings and present the correct availability to guests.
Importing/exporting a calendar
You can use iCal to sync the calendars by importing and/or exporting them.
When you import a calendar into Guesty, events from the external calendar will block the Guesty calendar.
When you export a calendar to an external service, events from the Guesty calendar will block the external calendar.
iCal sync status
During the importing process, you can have one of three different sync statuses:
Below is an explanation of what each status type means when you're syncing your imported iCal with your Guesty calendar.
|The sync is successfully activated.|
This status means your iCal calendar wasn't able to be imported.
|This means your iCal calendar wasn't able to be imported for the past 24 hours, and the sync process has been paused.
If your status is on "Paused” for over 24 hours, we recommend that you disconnect and connect the iCal link again.
How syncing works
Here are some important information and tips about syncing your calendars using iCal:
- You can turn on and off the syncing of these calendars at any time by deleting the imported/exported calendar's link.
- You may create 1 import/export link per property/sub-unit.
- You can view the status of the import/export at any time in the listing's menu.
- You can adjust the start and end dates of the blocks that will be imported/exported using iCal.
Updates made to the calendars will be reflected within 1 hour.
- When changing the name of the calendar, the new name will be presented starting with the next import.
- Events that are imported using iCal are excluded from Advanced Analytics data.
- Imported events do not trigger Smart Calendar rules.
- Past blocks/reservations will not be available via the iCal.
The following current and future blocks will be exported from Guesty through iCal:
- Manual Blocks
- Confirmed Reservations
- Reserved Reservations
- Owner Reservations
- Allotment Blocks
- Smart Calendar Rules
- Rental Periods (unavailable by default)
- Booking Window
- Advance Notice
- Annual Block Limit (yearly night limits)
- Preparation Time Block