The Chargeback Analysis report gives insight into all chargebacks recorded in your GuestyPay account. Learn more below.
Terms to Know
Sales - processed charges
Chargeback - the reversal of a payment made by a client to a merchant
Sub-accounts - GuestyPay payment processing accounts
Platform accounts - Guesty accounts
Be sure to check out our Chargebacks Overview article for more information about common reasons for chargebacks and the chargeback dispute process.
How to Acess the Reportֿ
Step by step:
Beta navigation users, please note that the steps below refer to the navigation as seen in the Legacy mode. Read more here about locating menu items in the new navigation.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top menu, hover over Financials.
- From the drop-down, select Payment processing.
- In the GuestyPay section, click on Payment Dashboard.
- You will be redirected to the dashboard login page. Insert your username and password and click Sign in.
- Once inside your GuestyPay dashboard, click Sub-Account Reports.
- Select Chargeback Analysis.
Chargeback Analysis Report
At the top of the report, select the relevant Guesty account in the Select Platform Account(s) dropdown menu and the relevant GuestyPay account in the Select Sub-Account(s):
The Chargeback Analysis report highlights the following data:
- Number of Sales
- Number of Chargebacks
- Amount of Chargebacks
- Ratio (by number)
- Ratio (by amount)
It is recommended that the ratios (by number and amount) be less than 1%, meaning the total amount of chargebacks is less than 1% for all your GuestyPay transactions. Click here for tips on preventing chargebacks.
Click the blue downward arrow next to each transaction to see the accumulated ratio (by number and by amount) of your chargebacks.